DIY Arrowroot Matte Powder Foundation For Oily Skin
A simple mattifying power foundation made from natural arrowroot powder and ground oats
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder Non-GMO cornstarch can also be used
- 2 tablespoons Ground Oats Finely Grounded
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice (For Color) Cinnamon or Cocoa Powder
- 10 drops Oil Grapeseed or Sweet Almond
- 2 drops Essential Oil (Lavender or Tea Tree) Optional
- 1 teaspoon Zinc Oxide Optional
- Begin by sifting out large pieces of oats. Ensure that only fine, powder form oats are left behind
- Mix arrowroot powder and oats together in a bowl.
- Slowly add splice into the the mixture. Only add a little bit at a time. Mix well after each time. Add until desired shade is achieved. (May require some trial and error)
- Add a few drops of oil at a time into the mixture. Ensure to stir and mesh out lumps of powder as you mix. *Caution – Do not mix too much oil or you will end up with a mixture that is too moist. The end result should remain powder form.
- Add a drop of essential oil (or a few to your liking) – This step is optional
- Add in Zinc Oxide and mix well – This step is optional
How To Use:
- Like other foundations, we recommend storing the foundation in a short jar and applying it with a makeup brush. The foundation can last most of the day but will require additional touch-ups from time to time.
Receipe Inspired By: diynatural.com
Was This Post Helpful? Let us know if you found this post helpful. That’s the only way we can improve.