When you’re applying makeup to beautify your eyes, you should consider filling in your eyebrows to complete your look.
Many women struggle with finding the right product or the right technique for achieving flawless eyebrows. But we’re here today to fix that problem.
Today we’re going to learn how to fill in eyebrows, in the easiest and most fool-proof ways.
The methods presented below work for any eyebrow shape, including downturned eyebrows. Check out my step-by-step guide on fixing downturned eyebrows if you want to learn more.
How to Fill in Eyebrows with Eyebrow Pencil
First start off by brushing your eyebrow hairs outwards, then grab an eyebrow pencil that is a close shade to your hair color, this tip also applies to colored hair. So if you dyed your hair a lighter color, aim for a lighter pencil for example.
Follow these steps to fill in your eyebrows with a eyebrow pencil:
- Outline your eyebrow starting from the bottom. With a light hand, draw a few strokes of small hairs following the natural direction of your eyebrows. Pencils are the perfect product for this kind of look.
- Blend out those lines to make them look less harsh. This is the most important pro tip for how to do eyebrows with makeup.
- Draw your arch, again with light pencil strokes. An important step on how to fill in eyebrows perfectly is to define your arch in a nice-but natural- way.
- Using the brush you used before (or an old mascara brush), smoothly run through those lines again to make them blend in with your natural eyebrow hairs. For this method, there are plenty of products out there that can do the job. From high-end brands to drugstore ones, you can choose your preferred eyebrow pencil.
How To Fill in Eyebrows With Powder
How is a powder product different from a pencil? Well, using an eyebrow powder is the best product for ladies looking for the most natural outcome possible, meaning that they want defined eyebrows, but minus the overdone sharpie-eyebrow look.
Follow these steps to fill in your eyebrows with powder:
- First of all, find a small angled brush that will help you pick up enough powder to fill in your eyebrows. Then, choose two slightly different shades of powder. This tip is especially helpful for blondes, as a very dark eyebrow look can look too unnatural and draw unnecessary attention to them.
- Once you’ve selected the perfect shades, start from the middle section of your brow with the darkest shade. Fill in the spare spaces in that area, then continue the movement to define the end of your brow.
- Get the light-toned powder now and fill in the start of your eyebrows with that shade.
Pro tip: If you can’t find the perfect shades in eyebrow powders, you can use eyeshadows. Yes, it is totally safe and practical to use those beautiful brown shades from your palette to fill in your eyebrows.
How To Fill in Eyebrows With Brow Gel
Brow gel is probably one of the most underrated makeup products out there, especially when we think of how to fill in eyebrows.
We often underestimate how much we need it in our lives. Yes, we need eyebrow gel because it makes getting ready a faster and cleaner process. Read the following steps and test for yourself!
Follow these steps to fill in your eyebrows with brow gel:
- Before you start doing your eyebrows with makeup, make sure to clean out any stray hairs. So for the first step, I want you to grab your tweezers and pluck out the hairs that are growing in random places, this step can make all the difference!P.S: Here’s how to have nice eyebrows even without plucking!
- Next you can choose whether you want to make your eyebrows look fuller and darker, or you just want them to stay put together for the whole day. If the first option is what you like, get your tinted brow gel ready, make sure the brush is not clogged with the product, and simply brush through your eyebrows!
- This is an optional step that will give you that nice and clean effect: Finish off with concealer under your brow bone.
These were three of the simplest eyebrow tutorials for beginners. The more natural your eyebrows look, the better, so you can happily forget about those over-defined eyebrow trends. Those are to be left in the last decade, and they shall never make a comeback, like ever.
Hoping that these tutorials on how to fill in eyebrows were helpful. Because we strongly believe that one of these methods will definitely become your go-to eyebrow look!
About The Author:
Yousra B. is part of the Womenhancers team, where she loves to share the latest trends in beauty, as well as the easiest tips to help out her readers. When she’s not busy looking for the next IT makeup item, she likes to watch French cooking shows while eating cookie dough.