- Have Self Confidence
- Fade (Not Hide) Acne Scars With Blush
- How To Look Good Without Makeup If You Have Acne
- Draw Attention To Your Eyes
Having acne scars can be a stressful experience. If you have those deep, permanent scars that are hard to hide, you may worry that you may never look attractive again. Don’t worry girl! It’s not the end of the world and there are things that you can do to look attractive with acne scars.
Have Self Confidence
Before we jump into different ideas to look attractive with acne scars, I want you to understand that your attitude and self-confidence are what makes you beautiful. The media and skincare companies may promote a certain type of image and to make you believe you need to achieve a certain look in order to be beautiful. This is absolutely not true.
Acne scars don’t make people ugly so don’t let them steal the show! Show your true-self, have self-confidence
Fade (Not Hide) Acne Scars With Blush
If your scars are near your cheeks, you can fade them easily with a blush. Since the scars are already a bit red, adding a bit of blush to your cheeks actually works quite well.
Here’s How to Fade Acne Scars With Blush:
Step 1 – Choose the Right Shade
The idea here isn’t to “hide” your acne scars. We are simply trying to fade them in. Depending on how red your scars are, the end result may end up with a few un-even red spots and that’s ok.
To find the right shade for your blush, you need to find a shade that matches closely to your natural flush. Pinch your cheeks slightly and the shade of red that appears is the shade you want to match.
As a general guide here’s what works for most people:
- For pale or fair skin tones, try light pink
- For light to medium skin tones, try peachy pink
- For golden or olive skin tones, try bright pink
- For dark skin tones, try warm pink
Step 2 – Choose the Right Blush Formula
Most people with acne have oily-prone or combination skin. Therefore, using cheek stains would be best. Cheek stains tend to last longer and are more resistant to oil and sweat, making them the ideal choice for people with oily or combination skin.
If you have normal skin type, try powder blushes. This type of blush is easy to blend and look more natural. It can also help to absorb excess oil from your skin.
If you have dry skin, try cream blushes. Cream blushes are easy to apply and have a moisturizing effect which helps to keep your skin hydrated.
Step 3 – Choose the Right Brush
Since you’ll be working in areas with acne breakouts. It’s a good idea to select a brush with soft bristles. Ideally, choose one that is made of natural or vegan fibers and dense. A dense brush allows you to pick up more product, making it easier to blend areas with acne breakout.
Step 4 – Apply Blush
The way you apply blush to blend acne is going to be slightly different than the way you normally apply blush. It’s ok in this case to cover a larger area on your cheeks to make it easier to blend later. Start at the apple of your cheek and brush color towards the nose. Lightly brush up towards your temple. Add a bit of blush to the slide of your brows. You can add some to your eyelids too it helps to even the look.
Step 5 – Blend
Use a damp sponge to blend the brush into your face. Fade harsh lines and areas that seem to have too much product. This step also helps to blend the makeup with your blemish, giving you a natural look.
Step 6 – Maintenance
People with acne breakouts tend to accumulate a lot of oil on their faces quickly. After you’ve blended your blush, simply use blotting papers to absorb oil throughout the day. You’re going to need some extra touch-ups if you’re out the whole day so remember to bring some extra blotting papers with you.
How To Look Good Without Makeup If You Have Acne
If you don’t want to use makeup, you can try changing your hairstyle to help you hide your scars while looking attractive. Here are some ideas:
1 – Bob Cut With Straight Bangs
The bob cut with straight bangs hairstyle is great for people with an excess amount of breakouts in the forehead, cheekbones, and jawline. It also helps to draw more attention to your eyes.
2 – Long Deep Side Bangs
The long deep side bangs hairstyle is great for people who have acne on only one side of the face. The long side bangs help to cover a good portion of the forehead as well as the neck.
3 – Lose Fringes
The long fringes hairstyle is perfect for people with excess forehead acne but also want to rock a longer hairstyle.
Draw Attention To Your Eyes
One way to embrace the acne look is to draw as much attention away from them as possible and the best way to do that is with your eyes. You want your eyes to look big and sharp. My favorite is with a cat-eye look.
Here’s How To Draw Cat-Eyes:
- Prep Base with Eyeshadow: Apply a neutral or light eyeshadow from your lash line up to your eye crease.
- Find The End Point: Angle a brush from your nose to your outer brow. This is the line that you want your wing to follow.
- Mark the Tip: With the brush in position (from step 2), make a mark with your eyeliner just above your eye crease at the point where your crease crosses the brush. This will be the tip of your wing.
- Draw the Tip: Draw a line connecting the mark to the outer corner of your eye.
- Draw The Top: Draw a line from the mark to the middle of your upper lash line.
- Connect the Inner Corner: Draw a line from your newly created cat-eye to the inner corner of your eye.
- Fill: Fill the outline you created in steps 4 and 5 with eyeliner.
- Fix: Fix any area as you see fit. The line from the inner corner to the outer corner of your eye should gradually thicken. The result should be a smooth cat-eye from the inner to the outer corner of your eye.
- Clean: Use a cotton swab to clean up any mistakes
- Apply Mascara: Finish off the look with a swap of mascara to the bottom lash and then 2 or 3 swaps to the top lash.
Other Ways to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger:
If you want to try other ways to make your eyes look bigger. Check out some of my other guides: