Not everyone has time to pluck eyebrows. It’s a tedious and painful task not enjoyed by most people. Luckily, there are some easy ways to make your unplucked eyebrows look good.
In this post, I will go over some easy ways that you can do at home. These methods are perfect for those who simply want to take their natural eyebrows, regardless of length or condition, and make them look better.
The methods shared below do not require you to pluck or wax your eyebrows in any way.
Best Way to Fill in Sparse Eyebrows
The best way to fill in sparse eyebrows is to use the “outline and fill” method. This method requires that you spend a few minutes to study your eyebrows. Once you know where your eyebrows start, end and the location of the arch, use an eyebrow pencil to draw the outline of your brows, including any sparse hairs. Once that’s done, fill it with an eyebrow pencil.
Here are the details:
Study Your Brows
To find the start, take your eyebrow pencil and place it vertically in the middle of each nostril. The line where the pencil and the eyebrow cross is where your eyebrow should start.
To find your arch, pivot the pencil to the outside of your iris. The spot that the pencil and your eyebrow cross is the location of your arch.
To find the end, pivot the pencil so it lines up with the outer corner of your eye. The line where your eyebrow and pencil cross is where your eyebrow should end.
After you have finished studying your eyebrows, follow these steps:
- Using your eyebrow pencil, draw an outline for your eyebrows. Try to include all hairs inside the outline while maintaining the position of the arch. You may need to extend your eyebrow head and tail a bit to include all hairs.
Note: Don’t worry if both your eyebrows don’t match exactly. They are not “twins” and most people have eyebrows that are slightly off. It’s actually more natural this way. Just try your best to make them somewhat similar.
- Using your eyebrow pencil, fill in your eyebrow. Ensure to fill in sparse areas.
- Use your spoolie to slowly brush your eyebrow from front to back. This will help to soften the outline that was created in Step 1.
- Apply eyebrow gel to hold your eyebrow in place.
You will end up with eyebrows that are slightly thicker than your natural eyebrows. They will look cleaner and have more definition.
How to Thin Eyebrows Without Plucking
The best way to thin your eyebrows without plucking is to draw the outline of how you want your eyebrows to look and then cover the unwanted areas with an eyebrow concealer.
Use this method if you find that your eyebrows are too thick and you prefer thinner eyebrows instead. To use this method, study your eyebrow the same way described above.
Once you have a good idea of where your eyebrow start, end and the location of where the arch is, follow these steps:
- Using your eyebrow pencil, begin filling in your eyebrows. You are shaping your eyebrows during this process. Maintain the position of your arch and fill in all areas that you want your final eyebrow to look. You may need to extend your eyebrow a bit. Leave the smaller, unplucked hairs on the top and bottom of your eyebrow alone.
- Using an eyebrow concealer, cover the smaller and lighter unplucked hairs at the top, bottom and sides of your eyebrow. You can use your fingers to blend the concealer so it looks more natural. Your concealer should be able to cover these hairs easily.
- Using an eyebrow brush. Outline the areas of your eyebrow that are not covered by the concealer. Use brush powder that is the same or 1 shade darker shade than your eyebrow pencil. Brush gently to blend the edges.
- Apply an eyebrow gel as a final touch to hold the eyebrow in place.
If done properly, you will end up with eyebrows that look clean with the unwanted hair covered. Keep in mind that your eyebrow concealer won’t work on thicker hair. For the thicker hairs, try to include them as part of your final eyebrow.
How to Pencil in Eyebrows to Look Natural
This method is perfect for those of you going for that “no makeup” look.
The easiest way to pencil in eyebrows to look natural is to use an eyebrow pen (thin) and eyebrow gel to shape your eyebrows and then draw in the missing hairs with the eyebrow pen.
To use this method, study your eyebrow the same way described above. Once you have a good idea of where your eyebrow start, end and the location of where the arch is, follow these steps:
- Using a spoolie and eyebrow gel, brush your eyebrows from front to back. Ensure that all of the hairs are going in the same direction (follows the shape of your eyebrows).
- Using the eyebrow pen, draw in fake strands of hair to make your brows look more even and natural.
You are not filling in your brows during this process. You only want to draw in strands of hair to eliminate sparse and uneven areas. Try to maintain the arch and be careful not to overdo the top or bottom of your brows.
The result is a set of brows that looks natural with full strands of hair.
How to Make Eyebrows Look Thicker Without Makeup
Use Castor Oil and Coconut Oil
The simplest way to make eyebrows look thicker without makeup is to use a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil. Caster oil is almost entire made of ricinoleic acid and studies have shown that ricinoleic acid can help promote hair growth. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for your hair. Research has shown that it can help prevent breakage, making your brows look as full as possible.
This isn’t a quick method and your results may vary. People usually start seeing results in around 30 days.
Here’s What You Need To Do:
- In a small sealable container, mix 3 parts castor oil with 1 part coconut oil.
- Apply the mixture on your brows. You can use a mascara wand to make this easier.
- Repeat steps 1-2 for 30 days.
An efficient way to do this is to apply the mixture on your brows before you go to sleep. This allows time for the oil to soak into your hair. Wash it off it the morning and you’ll be good to go for the day.
A quick way to make your eyebrows thicker without makeup is to use Vaseline. The viscosity of Vaseline helps you better control the direction of your brow hairs. Brushing your brow hairs in a uniform upward direction and holding it in place with Vaseline can give your brows an instantly thicker appearance.
Here’s What You Need To Do:
- Take your mascara brush and dip it in Vaseline. You only need a thin layer to begin with.
- Brush your brow hairs upwards (not directly up) from your inner brow towards the arch and tip.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 if you feel you need more vaseline.