Glitter, when used the right way, can really compliment your look. However, removing it can be challenging.
In this post, I will share with you a few ways to remove glitter depending on your situation and the products you have at home.
How to Remove Glitter From the Skin Without Washing
The best way to remove glitter from the skin without washing is to use a liquid makeup remover.
Using a liquid makeup remover will remove makeup as well, but it is one of the most reliable ways to remove glitter. Makeup wipes don’t work well to remove glitter because they just wipe it around.
Here’s What You Need to Do:
- Take a cotton ball or pad and dampen it with liquid makeup remover.
- In small upward swipes, gently rub the glitter area with the cotton ball.
- When the cotton ball is covered in glitter, discard and continue with a new cotton ball or pad.
- Apply your regular moisturizer. Both the makeup glue used to stick the glitter and the makeup remover used to remove glitter can be drying. If you want to keep your skin in good condition, make sure to moisturize.
How to Remove Glitter From the Skin Without Removing Makeup
The best way to remove glitter from the skin without removing makeup is to stick out the glitter with masking tape. Masking tape is the best tape option because it is gentle and has little chance of damaging your skin. This method works best for light glitter applications only because masking tape is less adhesive and would have a harder time taking out hard stuck-on glitter.
How to use Masking Tape to Remove Glitter:
- Take around six inches of tape and wrap the tape around the index and middle finger with the sticky part facing out.
- Gently tap the glitter on the face with the sticky tape.
- Rotate the tape around the fingers as the sticky part of the tape fills with glitter.
- Discard the tape and create a new circle of tape as often as needed until all of the glitters are removed.
It may be necessary to touch up your makeup if the tape pulled some of it off. The tape is not the best or most efficient way to remove glitter, but it is the best way to do it if you want to keep the rest of your makeup on.
How to Remove Glitter From the Skin Without Makeup Remover
The best way to remove glitter from the skin without makeup remover is to use coconut oil. Coconut oil has anti-bacterial and anti-yeast properties with great detergent effects. This makes them the ideal choice to use for removing glitter.
Keep in mind that using coconut oil on your face will also remove any makeup you have on.
How to use Coconut Oil to Remove Glitter:
- Wet a fingertip or a cotton ball with the oil.
- Gently, using upward swipes, rub the glitter areas of the face with the cotton ball.
- If you are using your fingertips, have a towel or washcloth on hand to remove excess glitter from the fingertip. If you are using a cotton ball, discard full cotton balls and replace them with fresh ones.
Coconut oil also works great as a skin moisturizer. After all the glitter is removed, gently rub in the remaining oil on the face. If you have an especially oily face, gently rub it off with a paper towel or washcloth.
The glitter and makeup glue are very drying, and coconut oil can help revive the skin and create a beautiful glow.