Many of Foundationfairy.com readers have fashionable piercings and was wondering what was the best approach to this situation.
I’ve worked with a lot of clients with piercings and you may be happy to know that it’s not that hard to apply foundation if you have piercings. However, there are a couple of tips that you need to be aware of:
Here’s how to apply foundation around a body piercing:
1) When did you get your piercings done? Unless your wound has been completed healed, I would recommend staying off any makeup products in the area. This is to avoid and possible chance of infection.
2) Use Vaseline as a base around the piercing – Apply a small amount of Vaseline around the area of the piercing. The Vaseline will provide a protective barrier in the gap of your skin and the piercing, reducing the chance of foundation being caught inside. If have oily skin, opt for an oil free BB cream or moisturizer.
3) Learn to dab – After applying your foundation, dap away any excess makeup (with a Q-Tip or sponge) from the area of the piercings. You only want a light layer of makeup in this area.
4) Proper skincare cleansing routine – Always remember to properly clean the area both before the application of foundation and after you have removed the foundation. If you have oily skin, keep a pack of oil spotting papers with you and blot away excess oil from time to time.
5) Work around the area if possible – If you can, try to work around the area. Blend your foundation so that the edges fade away at the piercings. This can be easily done if you have selected the right foundation shade for your skin.
As you can see, it does take a bit of practice and patience in order to get it right. However, having piercings shouldn’t steer you away from using foundation. Just practice, practice and practice until you get it right!