If you want to wax your eyebrows but don’t have wax or don’t want to use wax, there are ways to remove hair without them.
The best way to wax eyebrows without wax is to create your own “wax-like mixture” which is usually made of honey, salt, flour and water. Apply this mixture on a clean fabric strip and stick it on your eyebrow hairs that you want removed. Once dried, gently pull off the strip, leaving behind smooth skin with the hairs removed.
This method is simple to do and the setup process shouldn’t take more than 10 mins. To get the most accurate tips, I connected with 2 Licensed Estheticians and asked them to provide for me the proper procedures for waxing eyebrows without wax.
Here’s How to Wax Eyebrows Without Wax:
Stephanie Ivonne, a Licensed Esthetican and beauty expert who serves on the advisory board for Smart Style Today, says that creating your own ‘wax free’ wax is quite simple and affordable to do with ingredients you have at home.
What You Will Need:
- Small microwaveable bowl
- Clean fabric cut into small strips
- A clean cloth for after
- Eyebrow pencil
- Skinny ice pop stick
Instructions For Preparation:
- First start off by pulling your hair back. (There is no greater frustration than having flyaway hairs caught in the applied wax)
- Start with a nice, clean face, it makes for much easier hair removal.
- Looking in the mirror, create a ‘guide’ with a brow pencil to keep the wax in its desired locations. (If you are looking to grow areas of hair out just fill in that area with the pencil to avoid grabbing those hairs)
- Combine equal parts of the ingredients in a small microwave friendly bowl with only 2 or 3 tablespoons of each.
- Blend the ingredients thoroughly and once placed in the microwave it’ll thicken up for easier application.
- Place the mixture in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds keeping an eye for it to bubble up.
*CRUCIAL* Wait about 10 minutes prior to applying to make sure your skin stays safe and doesn’t burn. During this time the mixture will thicken as it cools.
Instructions For Eyebrow Hair Removal:
- Apply the wax on the desired hairs using a skinny ice pop stick that was snapped in half and smooth the edges for a more accurate application.
- Using the cut fabric strips, apply pressure on the cloth in the direction your hair grows running your finger gently across. Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Holding your skin taut, use your other hand to pull the strip off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Using a clean cloth, dampen with warm water pressing gently on the area.
- Any strays should be removed with tweezers and not with more wax.
Anna Isabella Rekota, a Licensed Esthetician from Beverlly Hills, CA, provides a slightly modified version from the one above. Anna mentions that you will only need some honey, salt, flour and water. Combine honey, water, salt, and flour into a small, microwaveable mixing bowl. Since you are only waxing your eyebrows, you shouldn’t need more than 2 or 3 tablespoons of each in equal proportions.
- Stir the mixture till it is blended well.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Monitor the mixture as it will begin to boil up when it is ready. Remove the wax from microwave.
- Let the wax sit for 10 minutes. This will allow the mixture to cool so you do not burn your skin. The mixture will also thicken as it cools giving you a thick, sticky wax.
- Apply the wax to the hairs you would like removed. Use a Q-tip to precisely apply the wax. Cover the hair you want to remove thoroughly.
- Apply pressure onto the wax by holding a cloth. Running your finger over the cloth in the directions the hair goes. Leave the wax in place for 15 minutes.
- Pull off the cloth quickly. Pull it in the opposite direction that the hair grows.
- Find a new, clean cloth and dampen a cloth with warm water. Gently press it onto the area where you applied the wax. This step will prevent the skin from getting irritated.